NBN Fixed Wireless Service Areas Go Live In Surrounding Areas of Bundaberg
The wait will be over in a matter of days for1,744 residents in the surrounding areas of Bundaberg as NBN Fixed Wireless internet service areas are turned on at the end of June 2015. This includes, but not limited to, Alloway, Gooburrum, South Bingera, Sharon and Bucca. Additionally, a further 434 premises in Drinan, Maroondan and Bungadoo will be live at the end of July 2015.
This new form of technology promises to give rural Australians access to faster and more reliable internet.
Tony Bundrock, CEO of Activ8me a registered NBN service provider is proud to be able serve new communities with a great digital experience:
“Activ8me has always worked to provide internet services for regional Australia. We are now able to service 165,000 premises in regional Australia with NBN Fixed Wireless, including over 2,000 eligible residents specifically in the surrounding areas of Bundaberg. We are privileged to be able to help improve the lives of the local community.”
“Areas that have suffered from satellite latency issues can now have a robust alternative with NBN fixed wireless solutions. For our residents migrating from satellite this will mean significantly faster access to online content across these new coverage areas. They will no longer have to put up with constant buffering, pages that won’t load, frustrating Skype calls and expensive data charges,” he added.
The National Broadband Network (NBN) is rapidly expanding its reach through Australia and is the cornerstone to the Government’s quest to turn Australia into a leading digital economy.
As of the 25th May, NBN reached a milestone of 1 million premises that can connect to the NBN. Currently over 870,000 homes and businesses are experiencing faster connectivity due to the NBN.
However, despite the NBN’s high profile in the media, many consumers are still facing confusion on how to sign up to the service, who does what and how to get connected.
Residents in the surrounding areas of Bundaberg can find out more information on NBN fixed wireless service areas and plans by contacting Activ8me on 13 22 88 or visiting:
The orange shaded areas on the map below shows the NBN fixed wireless service areas ready for residents to connect at the end of June and July. The green area is already live and ready for residents to connect.
For more detail on thecoverage areas surrounding Bundaberg visit our interactive map:
There are several benefits of fixed wireless, including:
- Fixed wireless offers speeds of up to 25Mbps, which is equal to or better than urban areas with ADSL 2+ services.
- From May, NBN is piloting faster speeds of up to 50Mbps download. The pilot, which is taking place on the NBN’s Fixed Wireless long-term evolution (LTE) network features up to 50Mbps down and 20Mbps upload. Activ8me customers are taking part in the pilot with a commercial launchanticipated for late 2015.
- Better speeds and more cost effective data when compared to a mobile wireless service.
- On the faster speed plans, the whole family can be online at the same time, with reliable performance.
- VoIP (Voice over IP) services work well with fixed wireless broadband giving residents an alternative cost effective option to existing copper fixed phone lines.
A small antenna is installed on the premises to pick up the signal from a fixed wireless tower.