Oh yes! The perks of having a super-fast Internet connection—multiple downloads, streaming your favourite TV shows, playing online games, chatting with your friend, and more importantly, finishing your work on time! Truly, everyone deserves a reliable Internet connection. So before you get excited with your new connection, here are some few reminders:
NBN Co usually sends notifications if and when your home address can be connected to the Fibre NBN network. At this point, they can reach you with your preferred phone company or Internet service provider to subscribe to your package.
So how to prepare?
It is advisable to review the checklist before you call your service provider. Examine the highlights in the list that apply to you. This may help you have more “sensible” conversation when you call choose your Internet package or order your services.
- List down your devices, including all your gadgets and services that use the existing telecommunications network. There may be other devices, which use the network besides your land line phone or Internet service. Review the list carefully since you need to move these services to the NBN if you want to keep them activated.
- Check if you need multiple sockets. You can ask your service provider just to make sure everything is in order.
- Make sure your service provider is registered under NBN. You can check their website and check the name of your service provider.
- If you are under a monitored security alarm, contact the company who supplied your device. Make sure it is compatible with the NBN.
- If you own a property within a shared proximity, make sure to know more about the process. You can contact your landlord or building owner to avoid discrepancies.
- Review the contract and policies to ensure your safety.
These are just some of the things you need to keep in mind when subscribing to your NBN Internet service provider. If you have questions, do not hesitate to call their support team.