What is the NBN Satellite Broadband?
On July 1, 2011 NBN Co launched the NBN Interim Satellite Service (ISS), providing eligible rural and regional Australians with immediate access to better broadband services. The new service has been designed to provide much improved speed and bandwidth capacity to areas traditionally under served by broadband access.
The interim service offers users peak speeds of 6Mbps download and 1Mbps Upload. This will provide a significant improvement to those who use existing satellite broadband today.
Peak speeds will be increased to 12Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload; doubling the current download
speed in 2015 when NBN Co launches its own satellite.
Why Choose Activ8me NBN Satellite Broadband?
- Speeds up to 2x faster than current satellite internet*
- Free Installation to eligible customers^
- Short 6 month contract term
- Large data allowances
- No peak/off peak rules. Use your data ANYTIME!
- Shaped plans2 – no excess data charges to worry about
- Free plan change each month
- Free usage meter with every plan
- Up to 5 FREE email addresses
- Free 1GB Web Space
- Free technical support 7 days a week
Learn more about Activ8me NBN Satellite Plans.